- To talk smack.
- To say you’re going to show up (and then don’t).
- To make excuses.
- To blame.
- To avoid.
- To fail (often publicly).
Conversely, it’s really hard…
- To ask questions and be constructive.
- To show up, participate, and invest yourself.
- To take responsibility.
- To ask “how can I make up for this or help make it better next time?”
- To be visible.
- To learn from a mistake, admit it, and improve.
Some things to consider when thinking about these two sets of opposing actions:
- Which one seems more authentic?
- Which one is more likely to help create real connection?
- Which one builds trust?