Currently living in Watertown, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. I’ve been in the greater Boston area since 2011, and my primary focus is on simplifying my life, my health, my relationships, and finding pursuits that are meaningful to me.
What am I doing for work?
- Solving tickets, providing front-line incident response, and writing documentation for the Operations team at Acquia
What am I doing for self-improvement?
- Training 3+ nights a week at Central Rock Gym
- Building a blogging habit
- Learning how to take better care of myself and reduce stress
What else am I doing?
- Simplifying my life by donating, selling, or otherwise removing “stuff”
- Looking for climbing gyms I can assist with route/problem setting at (now that I’ve completed the USAC Level 1 Clinic)
- Compiling information on winter backcountry navigation and skills
- Studying “Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies” by Maggie Norris and Donna Rae Siegfried
- Researching climbing-specific injury prevention, management, and training techniques:
- One Move Too Many: How To Understand The Injuries And Overuse Syndromes Of Rock Climbing by Thomas Hochholzer & Volker Schoeffl
- Make Or Break: Don’t Let Climbing Injuries Dictate Your Success by Dave MacLeod
- Boulder Strong by Power Company Climbing (written by Kris Hampton)
- Figuring out what challenges are important to me and taking them on